Business Development Manager – US
We are the Stakeholder Intelligence company. Our mission is to provide the best stakeholder intelligence to support the creation of social and economic value by corporations, advisers and the investment community.
At alva we combine our award-winning AI technology with sector analysts to provide an integrated solution covering media, reputation, ESG, risk and board intelligence to support decision-making related to stakeholder management.
We work with 100+ Global 2000 companies.
As a BDM, you will play a critical role of driving revenue growth at alva. You will carry out a target driven business development role, which involves telephone-based selling to new business contacts within Corporate level organisations. You will position the unique value proposition of alva by leveraging your knowledge of your customer’s business.
You will effectively create and run your own book of business within your sector by pro-actively and adaptively applying strategic business development and relationship management acumen. You will have personally demonstrated solution-selling experience, including developing account strategies, providing strong leadership and hands-on participation in strategic engagements. Responsibilities will include:
- The generation of sales of alva’s Stakeholder Intelligence solution from Corporate Communication professionals at large enterprise level.
- The immediate focus in on hitting monthly revenue target.
- New logo acquisition within Corporate organizations.
- Accurately develop, forecast and close business within the assigned territory.
- Manage all phases of the sales cycle, including opportunity management, demo, proposal development, and closing.
- Hit Quarterly Revenue Target (based on $600k per year)
- Create 3 x pipeline coverage
- Map out 25 companies, with competitor intelligence per month
- Book 20 Corporate meetings per month
- Pass quarterly product & sector readiness
To thrive within this role, in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment here at alva, you should have the experience, ambition and grit to succeed and should demonstrate the following sales competencies:
- Account mapping
- Outreach (telephone, social media, email)
- Building the opportunities pipeline
- Booking and attending prospect meetings/demos
Other key competencies and personal attributes should include:
- Work ethic
- Prior Success
- Adaptability to change
- Exemplifies alva’s core values and behaviours.
- Authentic – We do what we say
- Learner – We find ways to do it better
- Collaborative – We trust, respect and care for each other
- Owner – We make it happen
- Achiever – We are relentless
- Flexible working environment
- 25 days annual leave
- Charity days: paid time off to support local charities and communities
- Employer pension contribution
- Monthly $140 ‘Extra Mile Award’
- Access to free or discounted products and services via Perkbox
- Fun and social work environment: Friday drinks and social events
- Weekly fresh fruit delivery
- Access to online training courses provided via Udemy
- Referral bonus for recommending candidates that are hired
- Cycle to work scheme