Managing Director, Financial & Professional Services
We are the Stakeholder Intelligence company. Our mission is to provide the best stakeholder intelligence to support the creation of social and economic value by corporations, advisers and the investment community.
At alva we combine our award-winning AI technology with sector analysts to provide an integrated solution covering media, reputation, ESG, risk and board intelligence to support decision-making related to stakeholder management.
We work with 100+ Global 2000 companies.
Our Financial & Professional Services team is a team of five, who work with a large portfolio of well-established clients across a range of fields including Banking, Insurance and Accountancy.
As a Managing Director of the Financial & Professional Services sector team, you will be responsible for the quality and client delivery of alva’s solutions – “stakeholder intelligence”.
You will be alva’s Financial & Professional Services and reputation specialist, fluent in the needs and challenges of C-level communications professionals and a sector expert in their own right. The role will be responsible for the direct management and success of the Financial & Professional Services sector team.
You will work with a wide range of individuals within alva, including Business Development Managers in supporting new client acquisition, as well as with Relationship Directors in managing existing client relationships. You will be directly responsible for management of sector specific Analysts to support their development in deriving insight, building relationships with clients, and understanding the specific issues in the Financial & Professional Services sector.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Lead a sector-focused team within Financial Services & Professional services
- Develop close client relationships
- Provide strategic advice to clients and prospective clients
- Present client reports to department heads, directors and executives
- Hold client innovation workshops
- Ensure consistent application of alva’s Client Success Model across all engagements in the Financial Services & Professional services sector
- Weekly reporting to alva leadership on Financial Services & Professional services sector revenue vs. target, pipeline, and client health
- Train and develop Financial Services Consultant Analysts
- Contribute to the company’s thought leadership
- Speak at Financial Services events when required
To thrive here at alva, in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment, you should have the ambition and grit to succeed and should demonstrate the following:
- Advanced and nuanced understanding of the subject of reputation and its value in business
- Expert knowledge of alva’s proprietary methodology
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the Financial Services sector
- Extensive communications experience gained either from a consultancy or in-house
- Demonstrable experience in advising clients in the Financial sector
- Highly articulate with excellent presentation skills – confident delivery at Executive level
- Excellent management skills with previous experience of leading high performing teams
- Outstanding English: both in written and verbal communication
- Work ethic – energetic and hard-working, with a willingness to deliver excellence for clients; a highly motivated self-starter prepared to go the extra mile
- Team player – collaborative approach with a willingness to share ideas for the benefit of the business
- Professional and mature attitude and demeanour
- Intelligence – ability to display good judgement and impartiality in all matters
- Passion – displaying interest and enthusiasm for the Financial Services sector
- Preparation – diligent and focused, delivering to tight deadlines under reasonable pressure
- Leadership/training – ability to nurture and develop Analysts
- Exemplifies alva’s core values and behaviours
- Authentic – We do what we say
- Learner – We find ways to do it better
- Collaborative – We trust, respect and care for each other
- Owner – We make it happen
- Achiever – We are relentless
- You will receive in-house training and accreditation at a world-leading reputation intelligence firm
- Flexible working environment
- 25 days annual leave
- Charity days: paid time off to support local charities and communities
- Employer pension contribution
- Monthly £100 ‘Extra Mile Award’
- Access to free or discounted products and services via Perkbox
- Access to online training courses provided via Udemy
- Referral bonus for recommending candidates that are successfully hired
- Cycle to work scheme
We are an equal opportunities employer. All applicants who are suitable skilled and qualified will be considered regardless of their race, religion/belief, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status or age.