Quantitative Analyst, Healthcare & Consumer
At alva our mission is to support our clients make better decisions with Stakeholder Intelligence.
alva combines AI with sector analysts to provide an integrated solution covering business, stakeholder and media intelligence to support decision-making related to the company’s strategy, customers and stakeholders.
We work with 100+ Global 2000 companies.
The Healthcare & Consumer sector team are a small team, who work with an impressive portfolio of respected clients across a range of Pharmaceutical & FMCG businesses.
As a Quantitative Analyst, you will be responsible for supporting the content creation and delivery of alva’s insight services. This will involve the quantitative analysis of large volumes of
data and the visualisation of this data using graphs and charts and the identification and explanation of the factors behind the data. The Quantitative Analyst works closely with a Consultant to ensure reports delivered to clients are accurate, insightful, and actionable. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Collating and preparing data for all for all scheduled report deliveries
- Validation of automated scoring
- Coding data for client specific parameters
- Creating pivot tables from Excel report data
- Updating graphs and charts for Consultant review
- Writing descriptive text on the stories behind the data
- Attending client meetings/calls
- Quality control of peers’ analysis
- Providing feedback on methodology to product team
Ideally you will be a graduate who is interested in business intelligence and is willing to diligently develop your skills in this area. You will receive in-house training and accreditation, but to thrive here at alva, in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment, you should have the ambition and grit to succeed and should demonstrate the following:
- Highly numerate candidate with a strong background in statistics and databases
- Experience in writing analytical reports
- Proven track record of delivering to tight deadlines
- Highly motivated, self-starter prepared to go the extra mile
- Strong English language communication skills, both written and spoken
- Exemplifies alva’s core values and behaviours
- Authentic – We do what we say
- Learner – We find ways to do it better
- Collaborative – We trust, respect and care for each other
- Owner – We make it happen
- Achiever – We are relentless
- You will receive in-house training and accreditation at a world-leading reputation intelligence firm
- Flexible working environment
- 25 days annual leave
- Charity days: paid time off to support local charities and communities
- Employer pension contribution
- Monthly £100 ‘Extra Mile Award’
- Access to free or discounted products and services via Perkbox
- Fun and social work environment: Friday afternoon drinks and social events
- Weekly fresh fruit delivery
- Access to online training courses provided via Udemy
- Referral bonus for recommending candidates that are successfully hired
- Cycle to work scheme
To apply for the position or to seek further information, please email your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunities employer. All applicants who are suitable skilled and qualified will be considered regardless of their race, religion/belief, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status or age.