Technical Product Manager
We are looking for a Technical Product Managerto join our London team to support our ambitious delivery plans. As a Technical Product Manager, you will have experience as a Business Analyst with a good mixture of functional and technical knowledge.
Your main responsibilities include gathering, coordinating and finessing detailed product requirements that will improve the data capture, analysis and end-user experience. This is a client facing role that also requires a close working relationship with the CTO and the rest of the development team, CEO, Chief Strategy Officer and Head of Operations.
- Analysis of competitor’s product offerings & strategy – help build a roadmap that develops alva’s proposition to meet/exceed competitor capability comparison
- Conduct research to identify client needs and market gaps
- Analyse client feedback on product usage
- Build a deep understanding of client motivations, priorities and use-cases
- Visit clients to explain the product roadmap & strategy
- Monitor and report on users’ reactions to product content and features post launch
- Run workshops and client focus groups
- Understand product ideas and consolidate into feature specifications, coordinating with stakeholders to identify potential implementation/design issues (as well as opportunities) and take these into account in formulating specifications
- Suggest product enhancements to improve end-user experience
- Write detailed product requirements specifications including workflow and test cases
- Produce solution design and neat workflows that integrate functionality within the alva application
- Facilitate creation and maintenance of proper product documentation.
- Prioritise implementation of new features and help set specific timelines in the roadmap
- Define success criteria for testing and product acceptance.
- Coordinate beta tests of new functionality and regression tests of existing
- Work with colleagues to create sales and marketing material to ensure correct market targeting and positioning
- Serve as a product evangelist and subject matter expert to the technical/developer community.
Business <> Tech Interface
- Strong technical background with an ability to clearly articulate the technical aspects of the product
- Work closely with the technology / engineering team as well as the sales and product strategy teams
- Able to understand data from a structured logical perspective, but also think innovatively about how it can be used
- Understand tech trends and evaluate how they impact the roadmap
- Understand technical challenges and make educated trade-offs of functionality, cost & time
- Provide internal and client training on how to use the product
- Answer incoming questions about the product and its capabilities
Skills and Qualifications
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Business Analyst in a Software Development company/project
- Experience / awareness of the entire software development product life-cycle
- Familiarity with market research and analysing customer feedback
- Broad experience across different technologies
- Knowledge of project management tools
- Knowledge of software development methodologies
- Good communication and stakeholder management skills with an ability to collaborate with cross functional team
- Good at working in an environment of constant change always looking for opportunities for improvements
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to join alva, a London and New York-based fast-growth intelligence company.
The ideal candidate will thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment and have the experience, ambition and grit to succeed.
The position will be based in our London office, and will report directly to the CEO and the CTO.
At alva our mission is to support our clients make better decisions with Connected Intelligence.
alva combines AI with sector analysts to provide an integrated solution covering business, stakeholder and media intelligence to support decision-making related to the company’s strategy, customers and stakeholders.
We work with 100+ Global 2000 companies.
- Authentic – we do what we say
- Learner – we find ways to do it better
- Collaborative – we trust, respect and care for each other
- Owner – we make it happen
- Achiever – we are relentless
Location: Southwark, London
To apply for the position or to seek further information, please email your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org