The Graduate Analyst is responsible for supporting the content creation and delivery of alva’s insight services. This will involve the quantitative analysis of large volumes of data and the visualisation of this data using graphs and charts and the identification and explanation of the factors behind the data. The Graduate Analyst works closely with a Consultant Analyst to ensure reports delivered to clients are accurate, insightful and actionable.
Graduate stage individuals who are interested in business intelligence and are willing to diligently develop their skills in this area. We recruit primarily based on attitude, capabilities and potential and reward those who show commitment to furthering themselves and the company.
Areas we are particularly interested in include:
- Outstanding English: written and spoken
- Good judgement and impartiality in analysis
- Highly articulate, with strong presentation skills
- Highly motivated self-starter prepared to go the extra mile
- Spanish, Portuguese, French, German and/or Chinese language skills desirable
You will be rewarded with:
- In-house training accreditation at a world-leading reputation intelligence firm
- The chance to join a young, dynamic and fast-growing business
- Collate and prepare data for all for all scheduled report deliveries
- Validation of automated scoring
- Code data for client specific parameters
- Create pivot tables from Excel report data
- Update graphs and charts for Consultant Analyst review
- Write descriptive text on the stories behind the data
- Attend client meetings/calls
- Quality control of peers’ analysis
- Provide feedback on methodology to product team
Key competencies and personal attributes
- Highly numerate candidate with a strong background in statistics and databases
- Experience in writing analytical reports
- Proven track record of delivering to tight deadlines
- Highly motivated, self-starter prepared to go the extra mile
- Strong English language communication skills
- Exemplifies alva’s core values and behaviours
Key technical skills
- Mastery of the company’s proprietary methodology and quantitative processes
- All candidates must undergo a formal examination following a 3-month induction period to demonstrate complete understanding of the methodology
- alva’s proprietary technology is unique to the company, a comprehensive understanding of how our technology works is key to success in the role
- Excellent, demonstrable knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel including Pivot, Macro and Vlookup functions
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to join alva, a London and New York-based fast-growth intelligence company.
The ideal candidate will thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment and have the experience, ambition and grit to succeed.
The position will be based in our London office, although the successful candidate will also have the opportunity to work with our US-based clients in our New York office.
At alva our mission is to support our clients make better decisions with Connected Intelligence.
alva combines AI with sector analysts to provide an integrated solution covering business, stakeholder and media intelligence to support decision-making related to the company’s strategy, customers and stakeholders.
We work with 100+ Global 2000 companies.
- Authentic – we do what we say
- Learner – we find ways to do it better
- Collaborative – we are one for all and all for one
- Owner – we make it happen
- Achiever – we are focused on achieving the right outcome
Location: Southwark, London
To apply for the position or to seek further information, please email your CV and Cover letter to email@example.com.