We are the Stakeholder Intelligence company. Our mission is to provide the best stakeholder intelligence to support the creation of social and economic value by corporations, advisers and the investment community.
At alva we combine our award-winning AI technology with sector analysts to provide an integrated solution covering media, reputation, ESG, risk and board intelligence to support decision-making related to stakeholder management.
We work with 100+ Global 2000 companies.
The Product and Development team are a team of six, who deliver new and innovative insight solutions for alva’s clients. They also ensure the smooth running of the alva technology and data stack on a day-to-day basis, and work in conjunction with other teams to continually improve the quality of the data within alva’s products.
The role of the Data Analyst is to improve the quality of alva’s data through proactive projects and by reacting to internal and external feedback. The Data Analyst will collaborate with multiple functions across the business to systematically identify and address areas of improvement, including working with developers and data scientists.
Each item of data in alva’s database is scored and categorised in multiple dimensions. How a piece is scored and categorised is highly variable depending on the sector and the stakeholder lens applied. The Data Analyst is responsible for measuring the accuracy of the scoring and categorisation across all of these elements, identifying and implementing improvements and implementing new methods of categorisation and scoring. Your responsibilities will include:
- Manipulating, analysing, and interpreting complex data sets
- Creating data dashboards, graphs, and visualisations
- Monitoring and auditing data quality
- Writing and amending Boolean style queries
- Reviewing large datasets for accuracy and identify improvements
- Gathering and curating training datasets for machine learning
- Reacting to internal and external feedback on data quality
- Providing metrics on data quality and progress made
- Identifying and documenting data improvement opportunities and proactively work across teams to determine and implement solutions
- Working closely with alva’s client facing and development teams
You will have blend of technical knowledge, organisational skills and linguistic competency. To thrive within this role, in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment here at alva, you should have the experience, ambition and grit to succeed and should demonstrate the following:
- The ability to manipulate, analyse and interpret complex data sets
- An understanding of how boolean query writing works
- Strong Excel skills with the ability to create data dashboards, graphs and visualisations
- Organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise and balance multiple demands.
- Diligent and focused, delivering to tight deadlines under reasonable pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Exemplifies alva’s core values and behaviours.
- Authentic – We do what we say
- Learner – We find ways to do it better
- Collaborative – We trust, respect and care for each other
- Owner – We make it happen
- Achiever – We are relentless
- Flexible working environment
- 25 days annual leave
- Charity days: paid time off to support local charities and communities
- Employer pension contribution
- Monthly £100 ‘Extra Mile Award’
- Access to free or discounted products and services via Perkbox
- Fun and social work environment: Friday afternoon drinks and social events
- Access to online training courses provided via Udemy
- Referral bonus for recommending candidates that are successfully hired
- Cycle to work scheme
We are an equal opportunities employer. All applicants who are suitable skilled and qualified will be considered regardless of their race, religion/belief, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status or age.