Senior Insight Analyst
We are the Stakeholder Intelligence company. Our mission is to provide the best stakeholder intelligence to support business professionals manage stakeholders.
At alva we combine our award-winning AI technology with sector analysts to provide an integrated solution covering media, reputation, ESG, risk and board intelligence to support decision-making related to stakeholder management.
We work with 100+ Global 2000 companies.
Our US team is the fastest growing of our sector teams. We work with a large portfolio of well-established clients across a range of fields including banking, insurance, utilities, pharma, retail and telecoms.
The role of the Senior Insight Analyst (SIA) is focused on production and delivery of alva’s Insight reporting. The SIA ensures that the analysis contained in every single Insight deliverable is best-in-class, that it makes use of our latest innovation, that it efficiently and effectively answers the customer’s questions and that it meets alva’s internal style, language and visual guidelines. Other responsibilities include:
- Client interaction and presentation
- Quality reviews of peer-produced Insight reports
- Design and validation of new customer solutions
- Development and operationalization of new Insight-related innovations
- Enforce and continuously develop quality control processes, systems and metrics
- Be a mentor to new Analysts and take ownership of their training and development requirements
- Develop and maintain specialist knowledge in respect of your clients’ sector
To thrive here at alva, in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment, you should have the ambition and grit to succeed and should demonstrate the following:
- Excellent, demonstrable knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel including Pivot, Macro and Vlookup functions
- A nuanced understanding of the business value of reputation and the proxies used to measure it
- Analytical rigor/precision – analytically minded with forensic attention to detail
- Preparation – diligent and focused, delivering to tight deadlines under reasonable pressure
- Organizational skills – including the ability to prioritise and balance multiple demands
- Adaptability – comfortable managing rapidly changing requirements
- Coachability – able to learn quickly
- Writing – perfect written English
- Work ethic – energetic, hard-working, with a willingness to deliver excellence for customers; a highly motivated self-starter prepared to go the extra mile
- Intelligence – ability to display good judgement and impartiality in analysis
- Curiosity – displaying a questioning and probing attitude
- Passion – displaying interest and enthusiasm for the relevant industry sectors
- Exemplifies alva’s core values and behaviours
- Authentic – We do what we say
- Learner – We find ways to do it better
- Collaborative – We trust, respect and care for each other
- Owner – We make it happen
- Achiever – We are relentless
- You will learn how to craft and deliver C-suite-ready presentations to some of the world’s largest corporations
- You will receive in-house training and accreditation at a world-leading reputation intelligence firm
- You will receive in-house logistical support to set up a remote working environment regardless of where in the US you are based
- Flexible working environment
- 15 days annual leave
- Charity days: paid time off to support local charities and communities
- Monthly $120 ‘Extra Mile Award’
- Fun and social work environment: Friday afternoon drinks and social events
- Access to online training courses provided via Udemy
- Referral bonus for recommending candidates that are successfully hired
To apply for the position or to seek further information, please email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunities employer. All applicants who are suitable skilled and qualified will be considered regardless of their race, religion/belief, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status or age.