Senior Sector Consultant
We are the Stakeholder Intelligence company. Our mission is to provide the best stakeholder intelligence to support the creation of social and economic value by corporations, advisors and the investment community.
At alva we combine our award-winning AI technology with sector analysts to provide an integrated solution covering media, reputation, ESG, risk and board intelligence to support decision-making related to stakeholder management.
We work with 100+ Global 2000 companies.
The Financial Services & Professional Services sector team are a team of five, who work with an impressive portfolio of respected clients across a range of Financial and Professional Services businesses.
As a Senior Sector Consultant, you will be a vastly experienced technical reputation specialist; a master in the complex methodology underpinning our algorithmic technology, fluent in the needs and challenges of C-level communications professionals and a sector expert in your own right.
You will contribute towards new business development and support your sector team’s revenue growth target by conducting outreach activities as a part of your role. This will involve reaching out to contacts within the companies of prospect clients.
You will oversee the design and delivery of reputation analysis solutions through close consultation with alva’s customers. This will involve the production of analysis reports focused on reputational issues across different sectors, as well as ad-hoc work focusing on the specific reputational analysis requirements of target customers. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Contribution towards new business outreach
- Insight report production and delivery
- Designing and developing insight reporting
- Presentation of customer reports to department heads, directors and executives
- Contributing to alva’s thought leadership
- Methodology development and iteration
- Project Management and mentoring of less experienced Analysts
You will have blend of commercial acumen, technical knowledge, industry specialism and relationship building ability and will act as a conduit and a consultant to translate and deliver the intricate and everchanging needs of our clients into our weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual insight reports.
To thrive within this role, in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment here at alva, you should have the experience, ambition and grit to succeed and should demonstrate the following:
- A strong commercial nature, with the ability to apply this towards supporting your sector team’s revenue growth targets.
- The ability to quickly master alva’s proprietary methodology and quantitative processes – alva’s proprietary technology is unique to the company, and gaining a comprehensive understanding of how our technology works is key to success in the role.
- Excellent, demonstrable knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel including Pivot, Macro and VLOOKUP functions.
- A nuanced understanding of the business value of reputation and the proxies used to measure it.
- Experience of working consultatively with clients at a strategic level and able to demonstrate unparalleled value to these clients.
- Previous demonstrable experience working or advising on reputation and communications issues is highly desired.
- Strong statistical knowledge.
- Extensive pre-existing expertise within the Financial Services and/or the Professional Services sectors.
- Highly articulate, with experience in leading presentations to senior stakeholders.
- Exemplifies alva’s core values and behaviours.
- Authentic – We do what we say
- Learner – We find ways to do it better
- Collaborative – We trust, respect and care for each other
- Owner – We make it happen
- Achiever – We are relentless
Key Performance Indicators & Core Objectives
- Contribution to sector revenue growth target by supporting outreach activities
- 90% Client Retention Rate
- 100% of clients met/spoke monthly
- 100% client requirements are met (based on scope), and reports delivered on time with no corrections
- Demonstrate authoritative product & sector knowledge
- Flexible working environment
- 25 days annual leave
- Charity days: paid time off to support local charities and communities
- Employer pension contribution
- Monthly £100 ‘Extra Mile Award’
- Access to free or discounted products and services via Perkbox
- Fun and social work environment: Friday afternoon drinks and social events
- Weekly fresh fruit delivery
- Access to online training courses provided via Udemy
- Referral bonus for recommending candidates that are successfully hired
- Cycle to work scheme