Consultant Director – Financial Services
The Consultant Director is responsible for the quality and client delivery of alva’s premium product – alva Insight. The role’s main contribution is to ensure the analysis and intelligence delivered to our clients in the Financial Services sector is best-in-class and that it answers the client’s questions in the specific context of the sector.
The Consultant Director is alva’s Financial Services sector expert, fluent in the needs and challenges of C-level communications professionals, an expert in their own right and a master of alva’s methodology. The Consultant Director works with a wide range of roles, including Business Directors in supporting new client acquisition, as well as with Relationship Directors in managing existing client relationships. The role also works with sector Consultant Analysts and Quantitative Analysts to support their development in deriving insight, building relationships with clients and understanding the specific issues in the Financial Services sector.
- Develop close client relationships
- Provide strategic advice to clients and prospective clients
- Present client reports to department heads, directors and executives
- Hold client innovation workshops
- Train and develop Financial Services Consultant Analysts
- Contribute to the company’s thought leadership
- Speak at industry events when required
Key competencies and personal attributes
- Prior experience within a consultancy or in-house communications team
- Strong experience in advising clients in the Financial Services sector
- Demonstrable knowledge of the role of communications in business
- A nuanced understanding of the business value of reputation
- Highly articulate, with strong presentation skills
- Outstanding English: written and spoken
- Highly motivated self-starter prepared to go the extra mile
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to join alva, a London and New York-based fast-growth intelligence company.
We are looking for a talented and ambitious individual to join our Financial Services team to work with our blue-chip financial services clients.
The ideal candidate will thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment and have the experience, ambition and grit to succeed.
The position will be based in our London office, although the successful candidate will also have the opportunity to work with our US-based clients in our New York office.
At alva our mission is to support our clients make better decisions with Connected Intelligence.
alva combines AI with sector analysts to provide an integrated solution covering business, stakeholder and media intelligence to support decision-making related to the company’s strategy, customers and stakeholders.
We work with 100+ Global 2000 companies.
- Authentic – we do what we say
- Learner – we find ways to do it better
- Collaborative – we are one for all and all for one
- Owner – we make it happen
- Achiever – we are focused on achieving the right outcome
Location: Southwark, London
To apply for the position or to seek further information, please email your CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.